Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Some home decorating



My oil painting - I have always wanted a room decorated in African style



I absolutely LOVE this print!



One of my mother's day gifts (I picked it out). Ben and I are pretty bad about our gifts to each other - we often buy them ourselves, which I did for mother's day this year.



I first fell in love with the white flowers and it took me FOREVER to find something in the store that went with them. I am very happy with the end result.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Alesha said...

Cute decorations! I bet it's nice decorating a permanent home. I can't wait!

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Wow... nice! Are those flowers really fake? They look completely real from the pictures. The paintings are fun too. Where did you get them? And what room did you put them in?

Teresa and Ben said...

I got the oil painting from framedart123 on ebay for $39!! I also got the print on ebay - I just typed in african art. I got it for like $3 but then I custom matted it and framed it. Custom matting is more expensive than I had anticipated but it was a weird size so I had to. I probably should have shopped around with that - I got it done at Hobby Lobby.

They are in my living room.

Teresa and Ben said...

If you brows framedart123 on ebay they have a lot of good stuff!! And, the bid never goes higher than 99 cents! So you are basically just paying for shipping ($38). Mine also came framed. It smelled funny for a couple of weeks (I think the paint), but then it was fine.