Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Living in Montana!

So, the last few posts were showing my mom how to post pictures on a blog.  She is working on a blog of her own.  I showed her how to do it when the family visited this last weekend.  It was really fun to have them here.  The only bad thing is that we got Montezuma's Revenge super bad after eating at Perkins.

So far we love living in Billings.  The people here seem really nice, it is very conservative (which is good :) , and we already have friends in the ward.  The other day (yesterday) I was carrying Daniel and pushing the cart from Walmart at the same time.  It was really difficult, but it was freezing and snowy so I was covering Daniel with a blanket - or I would of just had him ride on the cart.  A nice man that was with his wife offered to push my cart to my car.  I really appreciated it!!  He even offered to put away the groceries, but I told him he had done enough.  I will never forget his kindness - that he noticed someone in need around him.

Ben enjoys his co-workers and boss they are very patient and friendly.  and he enjoys doing his job (haleluya).  

We really LOVE our apartment.  It is very roomy and nice.  There seems to be a perfect spot to fit all of our stuff.    We really feel at home and at peace here.  We feel like it is the beninning of a new life.  We have already begun to be more productive people here.  We read our scriptures more, enjoy being at church more, and exercising regularly at the YMCA.  I taught Ben how to play raquet ball, and he loves it.  We also have a kick-boxing class where we get to punch and kick bags! :) Yay!!  That is one of my favorite cardio workouts.

Daniel also enjoys the extra space to run around.  he seems happier here too - he even eats more.

Basically we are just really happy with our circumstances here.

6 comments:

Jon and Maryanne said...

Yeah!!! I am soooo happy for you guys! How far away are you from Spokane???

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Yay! That is exciting. How far away are you from Moscow, ID? I am jealous of your new apartment!!! It sounds way fun!

Teresa and Ben said...

We are about 7 hours from Spokane

Teresa and Ben said...

About 8 hr, 40min from Moscow

Savannah said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are good for you guys! We sure miss you! Be sure to let us know when you are next in town. :) Enjoy the YMCA--sounds like fun!

Misty said...

I'm so glad you're loving it! Can't wait to see you at the wedding!